Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE AND CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT INFO@THEPENSTARS.COM. When you visit, use, or participate in any activity on The Pen-StarsTM series website (the “Website”), you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by our terms and any amendments which may be published on the Website from time to time without any notification. If you do not agree with these terms, you must not use this Website.
The Website is owned and operated by Krriti, LLC (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) (P.O. Box 323, Norwalk, CT 06852).
We comply with the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). Children under the age of eighteen (18) are required to get the permission from parent/legal guardian before posting any stories, drawings, or other materials (“Work”) on this Website.
We retain the copyright in all text, drawings, logos, icons, icons, images, photographs, videos, (“Content”) on this Website. You agree NOT to use, reproduce, alter, copy, or distribute any Content on the Website without Our express written permission, whether that use is online, electronic, in printed media or otherwise. The brands, logos, products, and custom designs on this Website (“Trademarks”) are Our registered or unregistered Trademarks. Any use of the marks on the Website, in whole or part, without our express written consent is strictly prohibited.
When you submit or send your Work that you have created to Us, you represent and warrant that:
- All Work is original, previously unpublished, and unique.
- Your submission of the Work does not threaten anyone’s right to privacy or violates any copyright or other laws.
- You have the legal right to submit the Work created in collaboration with another partner, as part of our Pen-Pair program (pairing up with a sibling or a friend to write or illustrate the story).
- You grant to Us, Our agents and assigns, the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, alter, translate, publish, distribute, create derivative works of, and sell, in whole or part, without any further approval and consideration, in print, electronic, or in any other form of media, for promotional, commercial, and non-commercial purposes.
- You waive any right to royalties or any other compensation arising from or related to the use of your Work.
It is important to note that you may be in violation of law if you:
- Misrepresent or impersonate someone else’s Work as yours.
- Post, download, distribute, and sell any Work that you do not own or you do not have legal right to use.
- Use the Website to post or share any content that is harmful, unlawful, offensive, obscene, racist, libelous, criminal, and inappropriate or violates privacy of others. We reserve the right to remove any such content at Our sole discretion and take action against the user.
We respect your intellectual property. If you believe any of your Work on the Website infringes any copyright that you own or control, please send us a notification including the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted Work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of the location of the material that you claim is infringing on the Website;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Mail it to:
P.O. Box 323
Norwalk, CT 06852